|Membership Type||Old Fee||New Fee|
|Annual (365 days)||$85||$99|
How much are blue bikes in Boston?
It’s only $10 for 24-hour Bluebikes access and includes unlimited 2-hour rides. If you keep a bike out longer than 2 hours at a time, it’s an extra $2.50 per additional 30 minutes.
How do I rent a blue bike?
- Push the button on the kiosk to wake up the screen.
- Press the “Rent a bike” button on the screen.
- Insert your credit or debit card*
- Choose how many bikes you’d like.
- Select the pass you’d like.
- Print your ride code, or buy a bike key for $3 at a station with a key dispenser.
How do I rent a blue bike in Boston?
FIND A BIKE:
Find a station with an available bike on the Station Map. Insert your key into a dock or get a ride code from the kiosk or your Bluebikes app. When the light turns green, pull the bike out.
What do blue bikes mean?
“The Blue Bike concept was sparked by the increasing inactivity in these community and areas around the U.S.A. This inactivity is directly linked to diabetes, obesity, heart disease, insecurity and anxiety and hurts our kids and adults with extreme consequences” Mifsud said.
Do blue bikes have GPS?
These are heavy-duty bikes.
They have GPS tracking in them, and they have universal things which can be used by everyone.” “They also have pretty good theft-proof,” he added.
Do you need a helmet to ride a bike in MA?
Massachusetts law requires any person 16 years old or younger riding a bicycle to wear a helmet. It is important that a helmet be properly fitted.
How do I activate my blue bike key?
Log into your account online and click the link to activate the bike key. Input the ID code on the bike key, which can be found right below the barcode. To unlock a bike with a key, insert the bike key into the slot on the dock next to an available bike. When the light on the dock turns green, the bike is unlocked.
How do blue bikes work?
Get around in a whole new way
- Join. Become a member online, or buy a pass from any Bluebikes station kiosk or through the mobile app. …
- Unlock. Find an available bike nearby, and get a ride code or use your member key to unlock it. …
- Ride. Take as many short rides as you want while your pass or membership is active. …
How do you unlock the blue bike?
Select “Unlock a bike” and a 5-digit ride code will appear on the screen. Type the 5-digit ride code into any dock with an available bike within 30 seconds to unlock your bike. When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to unlock it. Enjoy your ride!
Are blue bikes Electric?
A pedal-assist electric bike from Chicago’s Divvy bikesharing system. … But unlike some of those other systems, Bluebikes is jointly owned by the Cities of Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, and Everett, and the Town of Brookline.
How do I cancel my blue bikes membership?
You may cancel your membership within 30 days of purchase to receive a refund. You can also just turn off auto-renew so that your membership expires at the end of your annual commitment, and not automatically renew. To do this, log into your account online and adjust the auto-renew settings.
Where can I buy a bike in Boston?
Best buy bicycle in Boston, MA
- Cambridge Used Bicycles – Spinlister Rentals. 1.7 mi. 72 reviews. …
- Community Bicycle Supply. 0.2 mi. 101 reviews. …
- Bikes Not Bombs. 2.8 mi. 68 reviews. …
- Cambridge Bicycle. 1.6 mi. 199 reviews. …
- Quad Bikes. 3.5 mi. 105 reviews. …
- Belmont Wheelworks. 6.6 mi. 204 reviews. …
- Landry’s Bicycles. 2.6 mi. 158 reviews. …
- CrimsonBikes. 2.5 mi. 180 reviews.
What does a white bike mean?
Ghost Bikes are small and somber memorials for bicyclists who are killed or hit on the street. A bicycle is painted all white and locked to a street sign near the crash site, accompanied by a small plaque. … For those who create and install the memorials, the death of a fellow bicyclist hits home.
How does city bike work?
The first 30 minutes of each ride on a classic bike are included in your pass price, and you can ride as many times as you want while your pass is active! If you keep a bike out for longer than 30 minutes at a time, extra time fees apply. … To end a ride, return your bike to any station with an empty dock.
Where are ghost bikes manufactured?
Ghost bikes are made in Europe, in the little town of Waldsassen located in Bavaria, Germany.